3 Things You Can Do to Save Money Using Brisbane Removal Companies!
There are not many people in Brisbane who get excited about moving house – except perhaps for Brisbane Removal Companies!
Professional removalists can take a lot of stress out of the moving experience, but can also be a significant portion of the expenses associated with moving home. When you hire a Furniture Removal Company in Brisbane, you can usually expect to pay an hourly rate, simply meaning, Time = Money! Here are 3 things you can do to save you both time and money when using a Brisbane Based Removalists.
Your move should be your main priority on that day!
Moving can take longer than you think. Consider these things before your move day!
- Scheduling! It’s best not to plan a catch up with a friend or schedule anything other than being present for your move.
- Get Help! If possible friends and family to help. The guys love their customers helping.
- Be Flexible! You can plan moving day as much as you like but be aware things might not always go according to plan. It’s best to just go with the flow, deal with problems as they arise, and be flexible enough to change plans if you need to.
Prepare, Prepare, Prepare!
Even though you will technically have a moving ‘day’ the process of moving can start weeks before. Have you considered the following?
- Start Early! Pack anything that you don’t need as early as possible. Any item that you don’t use every day can be packed in advance.
- Boxes! Pack everything in similar size boxes. Not too heavy but full to the top so they do not crush in the corners when they are stacked in the truck.
- Pack Properly! Make sure that all of your belongings are securely packed in boxes, ready to be loaded on to the truck. It could cost you extra if you leave professionals waiting for boxes to be packed or having to tape up boxing that has not been secured properly.
- Book the lift! If you live in a place that has lift or loading bay access and you are able to, it’s a good idea to reserve them for your move.
Prevention is the best cure!
To help your move go as smoothly as possible, it’s best to prevent as many hold ups as you can. Here are some common hold ups!
- Unsecured Items! Are all of your boxes secured properly? It’s best to have packing materials on hand so they can be quickly accessed if an item needs to be secured.
- Access/Parking! It is not only the number of items you have that will determine the time but also the access and parking. If there is anything you can do to give the truck and crew better access that will help your move go faster. If there are obstructions in their path that they have to navigate that will slow them down.
- Double Handling! You may think loading everything into one room will make it faster. If it means the boys have to double handle items to get to the pieces of furniture they need first, you may have done all that hard work for nothing.