If you’re moving house it may seem like a good idea to do it yourself and save a few dollars in the process; but often when you weigh up all the pros and cons, it can actually cost you more in the long run, and may even end in tears.
Doing it yourself
- Sure it could be cheaper than a removal company but just imagine dropping your TV or knocking a hole in a wall with the corner of a bookcase. These things can and do happen and when you’re not experienced in lifting and manoeuvring items, mishaps can soon add up.
- It may be easy to hire a truck but driving one could be another matter. How good are you at reversing a large vehicle down a narrow driveway or parking in a tight space?
- Time has a habit of creeping up on you and if you’ve only hired a truck for a couple of hours, and family and friends can only spare an hour to help, then stress levels are sure to go into overdrive.
- There may be new occupants coming in when you leave and if you’ve got to make several trips to and from your new home before they arrive, it could be very stressful, and if any damage occurs, there’s no time to fix it.
- Are the people you’ve roped in to help with your move fit and healthy? Or for that matter are you? Moving furniture and heavy boxes is physical hard work and may cost you more than you bargained for.
Professional removal company
- Removal companies help people move home day in, day out and have experienced staff who know the correct way to lift and are experienced in moving heavy awkward items, up or down stairs.
- You don’t have to lift a finger if you don’t want to. Instead the removal staff will lift and carry those heavy boxes and place them in the relevant rooms as instructed, leaving you to keep the kids occupied and remain free from stress.
- A good removal company will offer advice and help you plan your move with handy checklists, so that everything goes as smoothly as it can.
- Should anything get broken or damaged, then a reputable removal company will have the relevant insurance in place, so you can have peace of mind knowing that you’re covered.
- A removal company will come to look at your property before the move and will ask for details of where you’re moving to, so that they can be aware of any difficulties or problems and be fully prepared. This alone will give you peace of mind that your possession are in safe hands.
- There may be new occupants coming in after you leave, so a removal company will be speedy and efficient, making sure you’re out in time and the property is left damage free
Next time you’re moving then don’t be swayed by price, instead consider the peace of mind you’ll experience from knowing your worldly possessions are in safe hands. Why put yourself through the hassle and stress of a DIY removal. Instead be smart and leave it to the professionals.
If you’d like a free no-obligation quote from a reliable and professional Brisbane based removal company then call Scotty’s “the movers” on 1300 669 409. Alternatively you can check out our prices on our website at www.scottysthemovers.com.au